Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ezra's new tricks


Ezrastairs

Well, first of all, he can stand up now! So far, only when he is holding on to something, but it'll be hands-free soon, I'm sure! He loves crawling (still mostly his funny 'worm' crawl) over to the stairs and attempting to climb them. His 'climbing' consists of pulling himself upright and then banging his hands on the step. It's really too funny!

He does a few other new things that are pretty funny, too. He 'talks' back and forth with us by blowing raspberries (not sure how else to describe this...you know what I mean though, right?) and babbling syllables over and over (mmmmbah, bah, bah). He kisses us with his mouth wide open. He bites me on the shoulder when I hold him and then makes the saddest face ever (his mouth like a rainbow) when I tell him 'no' then waits a beat and smiles. Stinker. And coolest trick of all - he does this thing where he holds his hand flat, palm up, and then gestures towards something. I tried to get a picture of it yesterday (see below) but it wasn't the greatest example. The picture is cute though because I was doing the gesture with my hand and his eyes are looking at my hand instead of me/camera- cuteness. Anyway, on Saturday we were at a friends house and he clapped his hands for the first time! And then on Monday morning he and I were hanging out on the couch before Annie woke up and he clapped again a couple of times. THEN, (here comes the cute part, finally), Annie comes downstairs and little Ezra gestures towards Annie and then claps his hands!!! Annie says, "Presenting Annie! Good job, buds!" Oh man, I have reason to believe she is training her poor brother up to be her future emcee...

No comments: