Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 4th - Baseball Game and Fireworks






We spent our Fourth of July with friends and family at a baseball game in Surprise. It was a great evening, starting off with a grill-out at our house and ending with fireworks that we viewed from our seats at the baseball game! Annie really enjoyed the fireworks this year and 'wasn't scared at all!"

She also really enjoyed tons of snacks at the baseball game- including popcorn, 2 red velvet cookies, and twizzlers... The poor thing got sick for the first time that night- she called for Daddy around midnight and soon after he walked into her room she threw up all over her crib. Daddy gave her a warm tubby while I cleaned up her crib and washed her bedding. When I finished and went to check on her she was a little more alert, standing wrapped in a clean towel, fresh out of the bath. Before I could even ask how she felt she said, "Mommy! Annie got sick and spit junk all over my crib... just like Mylo!!" I couldn't help but laugh at her description of 'throwing up' as 'spitting junk' and liked that she compared it to the pukey cat, Mylo. She spent the rest of the night snuggled between Mommy and Daddy in our bed-- with a big bowl on the nightside table, just in case! She felt great the next day and only had super healthy food and tons of water to help ease her little tummy! At least when she talks about the 4th she only brings up the really fun parts- like hanging out with friends Zion and Zoan and her Papa Mark! Next year I will pack more grapes and other healthy snacks for the fireworks!!

1 comment:

Laura Brown said...

I love the fireworks pics. You take some amazing pictures!! What kind of camera do you have? Love the blog, I check it out everyday! :)