Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mothersdayblog
This year I celebrated my fifth Mother's Day.  Wow!

My day started with breakfast in bed (of course) consisting of Starbuck's coffee and a McDonald's McMuffin (obviously) and lots of snuggles from the little ones.  I was greeted by a huge gift bag when I came downstairs (to a cleaned up house, by the way).  The gift bag had a jar of my favorite crunchy nutella and five different treats to dip into the nutella.  There were also giftcards to some of my favorite stores 'hidden' on each package of treats-- fun idea from Daddy!

The rest of the day was relaxed and lovely.  Daddy made me 'Momster' cookies and we had a nice take-out-style picnic at a park down the street.  Daddy took a few pictures of me with the kids- they turned out super cute, too- nice job Daddy!

At the end of the night, as I was leaving Annie's room at bedtime, she whispered, "Mommy, you're a good mother."  That was the best part of the whole day.  Sometimes us mommies really need to hear that- and no better day than Mother's Day for such a sweet compliment!
Mothersday_3bw2

No comments: