Saturday, December 4, 2010

And then my water broke...

November 14th was a fun filled Sunday, full of celebrating my pregnancy with Ezra. The morning started off with a little more nesting (typical way for me to start the day), followed by a Baby Shower lunch with some friends, and then an afternoon maternity photo shoot, which had been rescheduled from an earlier date that didn't work out. The photographers (a group of 4 friends) were set to arrive at 4pm and then we were all going to head over to a park. At 3:55 I had just pulled my only jeans that still fit out of the dryer and pulled them on (after washing them 3 times, because I accidentally washed them with one of Annie's pull-ups!) and was bending down in the kitchen to brush Annie's hair. I was telling Annie about our photo shoot when I heard a car pull up to the house. I said, "Annie, they're here!!" and gave her a big smile. Then I stood up, and MY WATER BROKE!!! I answered the door in my soaked jeans and told the photographers the news-- they were a little shocked and a lot excited. One of them asked how I was feeling and offered to do a few quick shots so that I would at least have a couple. We ended up doing several shots (and several wardrobe changes, due to more water leakage!) and I cherish the beautiful images they captured. Once my great friend Stefanie had arrived to stay with Annie we finished packing and headed to the hospital to deliver our son! The photos below are only a few of the many well-taken photos from the day. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do-- and the amazing story that goes with them!






3 comments:

Todd, Fawn, Camilla, and Warren Hangge said...

Wonderful pictures Mysea! And you have a very handsome son!

Rachel said...

What a GREAT story! Those pictures are golden - I'm jealous as I never did get prego shots. So nice that your photographers were friends who could enjoy the significance of the moment and capture it so well. Keep the posts coming!

Unknown said...

Oh My! What an experience! I'm glad you were still able to take pictures! What a great way to celebrate your last day pregnant!