


We had the best holiday season this year. With the birth of little Ezra, we decided not to make the trip back to Minnesota for Christmas this year. But, we were blessed with family that was willing to travel and come here to celebrate! My mom and step-dad came down to celebrate Thanksgiving (with Jenny, who was already here helping with Ezra and Annie). Ben's family (the whole crew!) came down for the week of Christmas. My dad and his wife made it over several times during the season. And my mom came back, along with Kristin for a belated Christmas celebration during the first week of January. We even had David (Uncle Diddy) here via Skype for gift opening and 'playing' with Annie. It was such a cozy season at our house, with our new tree glowing around the clock, comfort food and goodies always in the kitchen, and family filling our home. Annie and I both got really used to it! I loved the extra help and Annie absolutely adored the attention and play time! After my mom came and left for the second time, Annie asked which grandma was coming next. Was Mama Susie coming back again?! When will Mama Pauli be done with work and come back?! Lucky for Annie, Ben's grandma "Grandma 'Rene" came over shortly after our last company had left and babysat Annie for me while I had a doctor's appointment. Annie enjoyed having someone new to play 'birthday party' with in her playroom!
We finally (reluctantly) took our tree down this week. Annie kept asking for more Christmas activities and pointing out that if the Christmas tree was still there, then it was still Christmas. She had a point. So, down it came, along with our other decor -- which no longer fit in the one tub designated to this holiday's items. I accumulated a few more decorations this year! I really wish I would have taken more pictures of everything. Like Ezra with his stocking, to show that it was bigger than him! And Annie and Daddy kissing under the mistletoe (which they did everyday!). I didn't even take very many pictures of Annie and Ezra with our visitors, or much of any of the fun things that we did while our family was here. I am a little bummed about that, but I know that the reason I didn't take as many pictures is because I was really enjoying everyone and trying to just be in the moment. We have amazing family. They love us so much and made this Christmas so special. It is a wonderful feeling to see the joy on my children's faces as they are loved on by their grandparents and aunts and uncles. I absolutely love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment